December 09, 2008

Memories



The boys and I decorated our Christmas tree last night. You'll notice that the tree is still angel-less. We went ahead with the tree-trimming, but we are saving the angel for Daddy when he comes back from his trip. There was Christmas music playing in the background as they scrambled to pick out the ornaments they wanted to hang first. As I hung some of my childhood ornaments, I thought of my Grandma who used to buy ornaments for each grandchild at Christmastime. (This is a tradition that I asked my mom to continue with my children) Usually the ornaments were identical or very similar, so our family's Christmas tree would have many sets of four ornaments. It's so fun, now, to hang each one and think about all those years of decorating our tree as a family. Somehow, my homemade ornaments always seemed to end up at the back of the tree...you ornament movers know who you are! But that's what memories are made of. I hope that we are making special memories that my children will cherish when they are grown.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful tree Meghan! I love how the ornaments tell a story of year's past and I'm grateful to your mom for all of Pat's old ornaments she's saved, and the ones she's added to our tree. Speaking of the one's in the back, this year I added the ugliest ornament so I would be reminded that we're all not perfect and can't get everything we want done for christmas! :) I'llblog it soon. And of course, that Christ makes us perfect. Amen!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tree. The spot is just perfect where you put it. Your picture of the tree has a homey glow to it. Wish we were there in the warmer weather with you all.