
When our baby dresser was destroyed in the move out to AZ, I didn't think much about it. After all, we didn't need it right away. And then I started pricing new dressers to match our old crib and found out that I could get a new crib for one third of the price of a new dresser. So that's just what I did. I bought a new crib- this time a white one. We dragged my old, white childhood furniture out of the garage. The desk to act as a changing table and the dresser to act as, well, a dresser. Everything was working out great...until we put them all in the same room, and realized that my old white furniture looked just that. Old. But I was too tired to mess with it. And then my sister came out to visit and brought her designing eye..."maybe you should..." and "what if you just..." Just? It's never "just." But she had put the bee in my bonnet, and now I couldn't get it out. So I waddled out to the paint store and stared at swatches until my eyes crossed. I searched and searched for just the right hardware. I spent three days sanding and painting. And then...I had a beautiful "new" set of furniture that looked like they were made for each other. This is just a peek- you can't see the whole thing until the nursery is complete. I'm so excited to show you, though. Hopefully very soon!

3 comments:
yay for inspiring sisters...or is that exasperating?? ;)
Looking forward to seeing your resourcefulness in this project for the baby's room.
I am proud of you already tackling this during your later months of pregnancy.
Definitely inspiring!
Post a Comment