May 09, 2010

On Mother's Day



Who has seen the wind?

Neither I nor you;
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I:
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by.

by Christina Rosetti










That is one of my favorite poems, committed to memory by hearing my mom read it to me many, many times. I have so many precious childhood memories of my mom, and they have been joined by many special times together in my grown-up life. I am grateful for her loving sacrifices and her example as a godly mother. Now, I am also making memories with my own children- memories that will be added to my storehouse of treasures. I am so thankful to God for blessing me with two very special boys to mother. Psalm 127:4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. God is continuing to bless us by filling our quiver a little more. Next year at this time, there will be one more little person in our Mother's Day photo. We praise Him for his goodness! To all mothers, I hope you have a very special day. Happy Mother's Day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and we are heppy for all of you. May you be blessed on this Mother's Day. There is no joy like being a mother.

Anonymous said...

Previous message is from Aunt Phyllis.

kelli said...

yay! yay! yay! I've been hoping for this news!! Congrats to one amazing and beautiful mom and the three lucky men in her life:)

Unknown said...

We're so excited for you guys. I know you probably want another boy, but I'm secretly and vicariously hoping for a girl for you. She would be so pretty! :-) Congratulations. You are a terrific mom and this baby..girl...will be very blessed!

Diane from Mo said...

Congratulations! Such exciting news and what a fun day to tell everyone. What a fun time for your family!

Maryn said...

Like some others, I am hoping for a girl for ya'll as well. You have so many wonderful things to teach a little girl!

I also know it would be neat to see Everett with a little girl in his arms. I love watching Daniel with Vi.

We are so excited for you all!

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Mom G. said...

Yes, what a great phone call it was to hear your news of a new grandbaby. We are experiencing the blessings and love for each other that God planned all along for a family that puts Christ first. Praise God and give Him the glory, for He is worthy to be praised.

Heather said...

what a creative photo! have you done this in past years?

Meghan said...

Thanks for all your well-wishes! Heather, that's actually a really old picture of just Braden and I, but I've always loved it.