





One of the highlights of our trip to was our visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Ev, Daniel and I biked from the house down to Cannery Row, most of which is a gorgeous ride along the ocean. That's the first time I've ever biked to a museum, and it was great- especially since a change of clothes greeted me at the museum, and I didn't have to bike back home. We spent the rest of the day observing the fishes (yes, finally learned when to say fish, and when to say fishes). Uncle Daniel made fish faces; Grandma touched a Sea Star for the first time; Braden and Trevor found the Octopuses and the Sea Horses; we all touched the densest fur in the world (the sea otter); and Vi slept. Yes, it's true. As fun as the Monterey Aquarium is, Vi managed to sleep through most of it. I guess when you have yearly passes you get a little jaded. As for the rest of us, we were in an underwater wonderland.

5 comments:
I am afraid by the time Vi gets old enough to be into fish she will probably not live close to the aquarium anymore--but then you can always tell her "she has been there already" :) Flashback! Love, Mom
That aquarium was fantastic. It was a great day seeing all the underwater creatures.
Sort of makes you want to be a scuba diver like Dad; where you can see these ocean creatures on those diving trips he takes. NOT!!!
beautiful photography Meghan!
Mark's been DYING to go to Monterrey Bay Aquarium for eons now. Many times have I heard the words, "Do you know they're the only establishment to ever sucessfully keep a Great White Shark in captivity?!?!"
Yes, I KNOW.
Glad you got to go! It looks amazing! Hopefully we'll follow suit once the kids are just a little older and would get more out of it.
AKT
where have all the blogs gone?
Post a Comment