"I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!"
- A Christmas Story
Trevor and Dad went on a special outing together and came home with this. Officially, this is Trevor's new BB gun. Imagine how much I laughed when I saw that it was a Red Ryder! Dad went through the four firearm safety rules: Treat, Never, Keep Keep. Before they took it out of the box, Trevor could recite them by heart.
Dad showed him how to line up the sight, how to operate the safety, how to cock the gun. He didn't need to show him how to pull the trigger.
Then they went outside to try it out. I'm not sure if Trevor will remember this when he's older, but I know his Dad will never forget it.
Disclaimer: I never imagined my son would own a gun while he lived in my house, but when I married a Marine, I had to make peace with them. My motto is: Guns aren't toys. This is definitely not a toy, it is a weapon. This is not for playing; it is for early firearm education and pest control. Never allow children to use a firearm unsupervised. Teach them about firearm safety.

1 comment:
Trevor,
Good to see you are being very careful with this BB gun and following the rules. Dad looks as excited as you are about this BB gun. Looks like you hit the center of the target,too.
Post a Comment