January 20, 2009

A Prayer for My Country


Philippians 1:27-28 "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ...stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you."


Heavenly Father, you know my fears as I come to you on this day. Fears about the future of this country. The country where my sons will grow into men. This country where the people are turning their back to you. I pray that you will not turn your back on this country. Lord, please do not remove your hand of protection and sustenance from this country. Bring a revival of your Spirit over this land. Protect our families. Protect our children. Turn this country back to you. I pray that as Christians we will stand firm, unified in your Holy Spirit, working to advance the gospel. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2Timothy 1:7) I pray all these things in the name of my precious Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

3 comments:

kelli said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Oh LORD hear our prayer!
Amen and Amen. M

Anonymous said...

I have been praying this same prayer...and for God to have mercy on us and our country.
Mom G.